- This event has passed.
13 FEB 2023: Save the Date!
On behalf of the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), the Indiana Innovation Institute (IN3) is excited to invite you to the inaugural DARPAConnect Workshop. Supported by the University of South Florida (USF) Institute of Applied Engineering (IAE), the workshop will take place in sunny Tampa, FL, in collaboration with Synapse and USF Research Park.
DARPAConnect is designed to broaden DARPA’s reach and stimulate growth and collaboration between DARPA and small businesses and education institutions new to the national security space. With the goal of breaking down barriers of entry, this event is designed to educate, motivate, and inspire nontraditional performers and underrepresented academic organizations, including Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs) and Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), to engage with DARPA to grow the national security innovation ecosystem.
Produced with the newcomer in mind, the first half of the day is your DARPA 101 level introduction:
- Introduction to DARPA
- Understand the types of technology DARPA is seeking, what DARPAConnect offers to academia and industry, and hear about pathways for new and diverse performers to contribute to and grow DARPA’s innovation ecosystem.
- Understanding DARPA Announcements and Contract Vehicles
- What are Broad Agency Announcements? Why does DARPA use them? What other contracting tools does DARPA use?
- Engaging DARPA Program Managers
- Hear first-hand from current DARPA program managers and others on how best to engage with DARPA and how to prepare before you engage.
- Interpreting and Shredding DARPA Solicitations
- A deep dive on analyzing solicitations. Understand the various deadlines, anticipate the needs within a proposal production schedule, understand what is required in a cost volume, and more.
- Strategy for a Winning DARPA Proposal
- Learn how to submit a compliant and successful proposal. Explore the topics of win themes, evaluation criteria matrices, establishing teaming agreements and proposal production timing.
The afternoon section will feature two tracks: A DARPA-specific session for HBCUs and MSIs and another designed for Department of Defense (DoD) stakeholders and R&D pros where we expand the session to include other local DoD stakeholders and Florida economic development organizations.
- HBCU and Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) Proposal Workshop
- A deep dive into what it takes to plan for, strategize, and produce thoughtful, responsive, and winning proposals.
- HBCU to Business Networking
- A chance to interact and get social with colleagues, stakeholders, and of course, the DARPA Connect crew.
Defense Ecosystems 201 Track:
- A closer look at how to engage with DARPA
- Understanding Tampa Bay defense innovation ecosystems
- MacDill Air Force Base supporting SOCOM, CENTCOM, and the 6th Air Refueling Wing
- Matching funds through the FL High Tech Corridor
- Problem solving with the National Security Innovation Network (NSIN)
- The Defensewerx ecosystem and mission
We hope you’ll be able to join us on Feb. 13, 2023, either in Tampa or online! The opportunity to speak one-on-one with DARPA program managers and DoD stakeholders will only be offered for in-person attendees, and space is limited.
You can save time and register for the event here https://www.eventbrite.com/e/darpaconnect-tampa-tickets-518038736807?aff=IN3
We look forward to seeing you!